We all know how important eating healthy is to our overall heart health and that it prevents age-related hearing loss. So with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, why not show your sweetie that you really care by showing your love from the inside out. An easy way to do that is with a delicious dose of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Found richly in foods such as salmon, shrimp, walnuts and even soybeans, omega-3 fatty acids are essential for the heart to be healthy. They help lower cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke – so we must get them from our diet. Though you can take omega-3 fatty acids in pill form, our body uses the nutrient from food much more readily.
For fantastic flavor in a flash, Simple Salmon with Spinach Feta Stuffing is super easy to make. This impressive gourmet-like dish is chocked full of good-for-you nutrition and easy to prepare, but with only 5 ingredients your secret is safe with me! Think you’re not a salmon fan? Try it again – this recipe will surely win you over!
Simple Salmon with Spinach Feta Stuffing
This superb salmon is quick to make and impressive to eat. Makes 4 servings.
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped baby spinach
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, combine cream cheese and feta with fork, mixing until blended. Add onion and spinach, combining well.
- Split each piece of salmon in half, lengthwise, without cutting all the way through (make pocket). Divide filling in each fillet spreading to cover. Place top salmon piece back over filling and on prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes or until flaky and done.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 291 Calories from fat 37% Fat 11g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 114mg Sodium 438mg Carbohydrate 3g Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 1g Protein 42g Dietary Exchanges: 5 lean meat
Written by: Holly Clegg, Cookbook Author & Spokesperson
About the Author
With over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg, cookbook author and spokesperson, has helped people prepare healthier everyday meals through her best-selling trim&TERRIFIC® cookbook series, including the specialized books, trim&TERRIFIC® Diabetic Cooking, Eating Well Through Cancer and newly released Eating Well to Fight Arthritis. Holly has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today and The Huffington Post. She has partnered with Wal-Mart and is spokesperson for Our Lady of Lake Hospital in Baton Rouge. She also has a phone application, Mobile Rush-Hour Recipes. Visit www.hollyclegg.com or http://thehealthycookingblog.comSharing is Caring!